Windows 8 Beta is an Operating System released by Microsoft and it is now available from Microsoft at free of cost. Windows 8 Beta is different from the other operating systems of Microsoft. It is mainly based on touch system as apple and some features as Linux. Windows 8 Beta offers hosting providers and businesses a dynamic, scalable, multitenant-aware, and cloud-optimizing infrastructure. Its tasks beyond the virtualization, opens the door to every app on any cloud, enable the modern work-style and deliver the power of many servers with the simplicity of one.
Windows 8 beta has the feature of Metro interface. Metro is the major visible innovation of windows 8. It will create a around a tablet size with large buttons these are commonly used programs. Windows 7 like settings and functions are hidden beyond Metro. It is not difficult to return to windows 7 like view. Just click the desktop and the familiar view will come.
Downloading Windows 8 Beta
Register to access technical product resource to download windows 8 beta-such as solution accelerator, white paper, webcasts, and forums at the Windows 8 Beta Resource Page. Please follow the steps.
Step 1- Please review the Microsoft 8 Beta system requirements.
Step 2- Register for evolution.
Step 3- Then down load the full featured software for a limited trial.
Step 4- Receive emails with resources to guide and also notification about the next release availability.
Step 5- And please use forums and blogs to share tips.
- Processor: 1 gigahertz or faster processor.
- RAM: minimum 512 MB RAM
- Available disk space: minimum 32 GB hard drive. (Note- 32 GB should be considering an absolute minimum requirement for successful installation. Computers with more than 16 GB RAM will require more disk space for paging, hibernation and dump files.)
- Drive: DVD-ROM drive.
- Display and peripherals: keyboard, mouse or other compatible pointing drive, super VGA (800 x 600) or higher- resolution monitor.
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device or higher
These are the basic requirements, but actual requirements will vary depending on the configuration you select, the application and feature you choose. The processor performance is not only depending upon the clock frequency but the number of cores and the size of processor cache. Additional hard disk space may require if you install over network.
Windows 8 Beta installation is quite easy. To install windows 8 beta, first the system requirement should be fulfilled. The touch feature will require a touch screen monitor or tablet. To access the Windows store requires an internet connection and of course the screen resolution needs to be at least 1024 x 768. But it splits the screen between two apps. So the better resolution is 1366 x 768.
- First go to prewiew.windows.com and then simply click ‘Get it now’. Enter email ID and Country and begin downloading the installer. It will automatically detect the appropriate version of the system. From there, Windows 8 Beta can be overwritten to current Operating System or install in a different drive by portioning the hard drive.
- Second way of installing Windows 8 Beta is harder. Windows 8 Beta needs to be put on a disk or USB. From the same windows site, click the ISO link and fill the information. Choose the appropriate version and location.
Then download the ISO and convert the ISO to an installer with separate software. Most DVD burner includes this. Windows Vista and 7 users can use “Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool” from the Microsoft store. (To select the tool, scroll down the page and it will be at the half way down of the page.)
Download the program and run it. And also point it towards the Windows 8 ISO source file which you have just created. Then at last choose the USB or DVD and being coping.
Software and programs of Windows 8 Beta are currently in developing stage. From consumer preview it is known that Microsoft has created Windows 8 Beta to include touch, Metro feature with Windows 7. But it hides all the things of windows 7 like settings.
It is basically designed for tablets. Some computer users who want to make documents, graphic editing, spreadsheet, presentations; Windows 8 Beta will not be so easy to use for them.