The Airtel GPRS setting can be done by just sending one SMS to the service provider, or can be manually set by using Airtel’s Mobile Office settings. To activate the Airtel GPRS settings in your mobile phone, you must first activate the Mobile Office settings from the carrier.
Activate Default Airtel GPRS Settings
- To activate this setting first I must send SMS as “MO” to 2567 which is toll free.
- Then within a few minutes or some the person will receive the setting for his mobile.
- Then to activate the Airtel GPRS settings the person should send SMS as “GPRSACT” to 511 which is toll free number.
- To use this type of service in Airtel the person should maintain a minimum balance of Rs.15 because it is being charged as Rs.15 per day.
Manual Settings for Airtel GPRS
In mobile the settings are being made by using the following steps:
- Set the Homepage as any page you want to set.
- Set the User Name as blank
- Set the Password as blank
- Set the Proxy should be enabled as yes.
- Make the Proxy and Server address as 188.8.131.52 and also the Proxy and Server Port as 8080
- Change the Data bearer to GPRS or Packet Data.
- Make the Access Point Name as airtelgprs.com.
- Change the Authentication Type to Normal.
- Do not prefer any access point.
The person can do all kinds of settings only when the mobile office setting is activated in the mobile he/she is using.
Deactivate Airtel GPRS
To deactivate the settings the person has to send SMS as “GPRSDEACT” to the same toll free number 511.
These are all the procedures to get the Airtel GPRS setting directly to the persons mobile. If you still have any kinds of problem just dial 121 from the Airtel mobile.