Real Player is a famous media application that plays both audio and video files. It’s developed by a renowned company, Real Networks. The first version of Real player was launched in 1995 and since then a number of advanced versions have released. Users can download videos, watch movies and TV and even burn DVD by using Real player.
Plug-in is required for having live streaming from online hosts. Users need to install plug-ins in browsers to ensure that. Now, the two most famous available plug-in for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are as follows —
Plug-in for Google Chrome
Generally, Real Player plug-in for Google Chrome comes with the Chrome pack itself. However, sometime users discover that respective plug-in is missing. In such cases users need to download Real Player and install plug-in.
How to confirm whether plug-in is installed in Google Chrome properly?
Just follow the below mentioned method:
- Launch Chrome
- Write about:plugins as shown in the image:
- All the plug-ins installed in Chrome is enlisted
- Locate the Real Player plug-in
How to confirm whether plug-in installed in Firefox properly?
Apply the following process:
- Launch Firefox
- Go to Tools – Add-ons as shown below:
- A new tab should appear:
- Just find out Real Player version plug in and other supporting ones.
What to do, if plug- in is not installed?
- Ensure that Firefox or Chrome is installed properly and absolutely functional
- Download the required program from Real Player’s site
- Close Firefox or Chrome (if still running) to install the downloaded application
- Launch Chrome or Firefox again and move to the plug-in section to locate the plug-in
- Plug-in will appear on the installed list now
How to update plug-in?
Now, the next question must be how to update plug-in? Chrome users need to install the secbrowsing extension. It informs the user about which plug-in has gone out of date. Using this utility extension anyone can easily check the update status of plug-ins on Chrome.
In case of Firefox, users need to use the online plug-in update check on their site. This will tell them whether their Real Player plug-in needs to be updated.